Monday, June 17, 2013

Street Law SCOTUS Inst. Day 3

Today we looked at the 14th Amendment as it relates to both Voting Rights and Same Sex Marriage cases.  We had outside experts from the Solicitor Generals office come to explain their arguments.  Case decision is expected in late June, but we are all hoping for the release during our session.  We'll see.

Afterwards, we had other outside experts come to prepare us for Moot court.  I didn't know the difference between moot court and mock trial.  I was hoping to be an attorney in the simulation but settled for Chief Justice.  




Great activity that I will definitely incorporate into class.  

This evening we went back to Natural History Museum and then dinner at Ravi Kabob, my favorite Pakistani Restaurant


Ciara had beef curry, I had chicken.  Both were amazing.  The aromas had energy in the room are addictive enough.  

No comments: